Thursday, November 20, 2008

Batman: BOB

I really do wanna like this new Batman show. I mean just take a look at these pics from episode 2;


Batman as an ape, that's kida cool. And T-Rex's are always great. It appeals to a simpler side of me who just wants to have some old fashioned fun with cool character, but goddammit it's just coming across as stupid in the end. I think it works better as an idea than on screen. (Mind you, what the fuck happened to Plasic Man's pants? Looks like he literally shit bricks) And the visual style is so reminiscent of the opening of the 60's series with Adam West that I can't help but feel a connection to it. Let's reminisce together...



But maybe I'm just past the camp stuff and prefer the darker side of things. I'm more into twisted humur like Family Guy rather than campy stuff etc, and the Batman rogues gallery is so perfect for evil, twisted humour. There's nothing like a little theatrics and a fucked-up joke right before cutting a man's tongue out. That's the kind of Batman world I like. The Dark Knight got it right I think... in many ways but not all.

No comments: